Dengue: Symptoms & Protection
Dengue fever is on the rise and it has reached an alarming 9755 cases in Singapore*. At MyCLNQ, we have researched and helped you understand your fight against Dengue. This includes identifying dengue fever symptoms and how to protect yourself from them.
What is Dengue Fever? It is a disease caused by the dengue virus which is transmitted to humans just by a bite of an infective mosquito.
How do you look out for signs and symptoms of Dengue Fever?
- Offset high fever
- Pain behind the eye, something known as retro-ortibal pain
- Nausea and even vomiting of blood.
- Severe headache
- Muscle and joint pain
- Skin rashes that come after the fever
Protection against Dengue
- Wear covered clothes to minimise the amount of exposed skin
- Did you know that there are some natural scents that could repel mosquitos? Mosquitos hate like Eucalyptus, Lemon Balm, Lemongrass, Peppermint
- Protect yourself and use mosquito repellents containing DEET
- Papaya leaves to battle against dengue. Its leaves are known to increase the platelet count and enriched with anti-malarial properties,
- Hydrate and drink lots of water.
To protect ourselves, we need to do our part. The National Environment Agency has come up with an effective way known as the 5-step-Mozzie-Wipeout to stop the dengue transmission cycle.
Let us fight against Dengue together!
* 9755cases in Singapore, Compiled by Communicable Diseases Division, Ministry of Health
Interesting! I’ve heard about the great uses of papaya leaves
Yes! its amazing what Papaya Leaves can do!